I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I checked my blog and found out that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Urban Running Girl
This is really cool. I finally feel like I am a real blogger – and some people actually do read my rantings. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Bucket List 2012 I’ve already crossed off ’Win an award’ with the Queen Penguin Award that I got from my running club. Still, it is pretty cool to get nominated
So here are the rules :
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
So here goes…
11 things about myself (NB – you might already know some of this stuff if you read my blog)
- I run – It seems to be taking over my life, just a little these days and I am just 10 days away from my first marathon. Scared – is an understatement.
- I moved to Cape Town, South Africa over 2 years ago from London. While I do love the sunshine and outdoorsy life here, I miss my family and friends back home a lot .
- My parents arrive in Cape Town tomorrow. This is their first trip to Africa and to see me, so I am very excited right now.
- I love to cook and try out new recipes. I’m an especially big fan of baking cupcakes. Although recently I’ve been a bit rubbish.
- My baby parrot Billie Jean went missing over 2 months ago. We’ve had a sighting, so I know he is alive and someone in the area has him – I just wish that we can be reunited with that little rascal soon.
- I love to travel. I used to travel a lot when I lived in the UK. Unfortunately, it’s not as cheap and easy to travel abroad from Cape Town. However, I did get to visit Zimbabwe and Zambia in December 2011/January 2012, which was pretty awesome. (Rolling Dung Beetles in Mugabeland)
- My kindle screen broke on Monday. This was especially frustrating seeing as I was in the middle of the final book of the Grey Trilogy. Now I have to go back to paper books for a while (I am told Amazon will replace it, as it has a 1 year warranty)
- Margaret Thatcher is probably my all time favourite politician. I know lots of people hated her, but I think she did something right to be elected so many times. I loved the Iron Lady movie.
- I am really sad that I couldn’t be in London when my home town hosted the Olympics. East London did really well. (London 2012 Olympic Games: Proud East Londoner)
- I’m not a huge ginger fan but I’d really like it if Prince Harry (or Prince Henry as we recently discovered is his real name) became the next King of Britain.
- I need to get back into my photography. Last year I got a small SLR camera and took a great photography course. This year I lost momentum and enthusiasm. So, my friend Jo and I are doing a 30 day photo challenge beginning on the 1st of October. So watch this blog.
My Answers to Urban Running Girl’s questions.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’m pretty happy here in Cape Town – I’ve generally got good weather, the sea, the mountain, good food and wine, etc. But I’ve heard Buenos Aires is pretty nice. Or I could just go home to London.
- Who is your inspiration? Errm… Right now, just having finished the Olympics and whilst training for the marathon myself I’d say Lesotho’s Tspeo Ramonene – who was the last runner to finish the Olympic Marathon (while lots of others gave up). Read more : Goodbye London 2012: Post-Olympic Depression
- What is your favourite food? This is hard but probably chocolate in all its forms
- Name one thing on your bucket-list? To run the marathon
- Comedy or Drama as your movie choice? Drama
- What is your favourite travel destination? I dunno. If its somewhere I’ve already been I’d say Italy – I’ve travelled all over the country and there is still so much to see and do there. If its somewhere new then I am dying to go to Cuba, Mozambique and Tanzania
- If you were given $1,000 right now, what would you do with it? Unfortunately, that’s not enough to buy me a car here in South Africa. So I think I’d book a mini holiday somewhere close by – maybe Mozambique
- What is your favourite colour? Pink
- Who is your favourite cartoon character? Miss Piggy – She is pretty glamorous for a fat girl
- Have you ever seen a ghost? Nope and don’t think I really want to.
- Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I love New Years Resolutions … probably why I start a whole new bucket list at the beginning of each year.
My 11 Questions
- What is your biggest achievement ?
- What is the best thing about where you live ?
- What is your favourite beverage?
- What was the last book you read ?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Whats your favourite blog?
- What would be your dream job?
- Cupcakes or Cocktails ?
- Where would you like to go on your next holiday?
- Whats your favourite Disney movie?
- What car do you drive?
My 11 Nominations
- Lesley Carter
- Lavender Parking
- The Ranting Chef
- Racing the States
- My Love affair with Running
- Rosey Brown
- Simply Solo
- Fieldwork in Stilettos
- Betsy Transatlantically
- Global Table Adventure
This took far too long. Thats me over and out